Sunday, July 24

Gilgal

Gilgal High School houses about 20 kids year-round, ages 2-10ish. They're pretty funny characters. They all have no parents, or one insane or abusive parent so Ben and Christine take care of them (the school's founders). The other day I brought stickers that my mom sent me and gave some to each kid...
This is Polo.  I've only seen him full on smile the day I let him squirt people with a water gun.
His name is Jako, so sweet!
Esners and Junior. Esners is a punk.. Junior is just funny.

Haha this is Ebrahim. He took the outline of all the stickers and wore it for a while.
Redempta Nekesaaaa!!! My fave. This is the girl with the lazy eye, who pees on me. I LOVE HER.
Sweet Gladis. She's brothers with Polo up above.

Gladis and Polo are really quiet, sweet kids. This time of year the high school students that board at the school return home for like a summer break. Gladis knows this, and in Swahili she told my friend Irene that the only time she will get to return home is when they bring her corpse home. Breaks my heart what these kids deal with at such a young age. The amount of crazy life circumstances that they experience and process and carry, at what, age 6? Makes me want to pick up and hold every kid I see. Whether they have pee all over their pants, outbreaks of scabs all across their heads, dirt all in everything, whatever.