Thursday, August 11

Goodbyes

One if my favorite parts about Kenya is that I KNOW, forrrr sure, that anytime I say the word "fart" in swahili, kids will laugh. Hard. Guaranteed. The word is a little funny in America, semi lame slash juvinile, but here... holy cow. Guaranteed haaaard laughs every time. I'll miss that.

The thing about Kenya is it's easy to serve here, it's easy to spend time with God here, it's easy to be challenged spiritually here. The real challenge is to not look at America as any different than Kenya, in terms of how I live. School and jobs still need to happen, but the point remains the same: Jesus, God, loving people, caring about the poor.

It sucks to say bye to everyone. SUCKS. Especially because this time I can't leave with a "don't be sad, I'll see you next summer!" I know I'll be back, but I think it'll be a few years. Saying goodbye freaking blows.

Well, thanks for reading, thanks for praying, thanks for being apart of this summer. Love you guyssss. Tuonane! (see you soon)